An investment commitment worth RM600 million and export opportunities worth more than RM330 million were successfully achieved by the Ministry of Communications and Digital (KKD) through Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) during the investment and export mission to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) led by the Minister of Communications and Digital, YB Fahmi Fadzil.
The mission coincided with the Gulf Information Technology Exhibition (GITEX Global 2023) and the Expand North Star (ENS) events.
This achievement stems from:
- AcMemorandum of Understanding (MoU) between MDEC and FINRAN
- MoU between RightCliq Solutions and Secorbit-FZCO
- MoU between Global Psytech and Cypherleak Limited
- MoU between HATI International Sdn. Bhd. and Arvensys Group
- MoU between HATI International Sdn. Bhd. and Xloopdigital
- MoU between Health Digital Technologies Sdn. Bhd. and Soukare
- MoU between Health Digital Technologies Sdn. Bhd. and MedikaBazaar
- MoU between Enviro Group and Disrupt-X
- Business meetings between Malaysian tech companies and potential partners
Meanwhile, YB Fahmi has also held discussions with DAMAC Group, a leading conglomerate from the UAE, about investing in several strategic sectors, which include the establishment of a data center in Malaysia. As of August 2023, Malaysia has successfully gained foreign direct investment (FDI) commitments worth RM37.4 billion.
The success represents a strong validation of Malaysia’s growing digital capabilities as well as the unwavering confidence of investors in the robust framework provided by Malaysia Digital (MD), a national strategic initiative aimed at driving accelerated growth of the digital economy and generating opportunities for its people, aligned with Ekonomi MADANI and the New Industrial Master Plan (NIMP) 2030.
12 high-tech Malaysian companies participated in GITEX Global 2023 and ENS, which also aimed at establishing a platform to foster collaborations between nations on top of providing participants with the opportunity to engage, expand their reach, and showcase the best digital solutions, products, and services.
The success also serves as a positive precursor to MDEC’s upcoming premier event, Malaysia Digital Expo 2023 (MDX 2023), a six-week extravaganza celebrating Malaysia’s vibrant digital economy.