Disruptr: Steve Wan, Founder of SeedDream Technology Sdn Bhd & RewardinMe
Share with us on what you do and what inspired you to start the business.
- RewardinMe Sdn Bhd is a No-code Gamification Engagement Platform that has been instrumental in developing Digital Solutions for various local brands and multinational corporations since 2002.
- We work hand-in-hand in identifying new markets and fostering strategic business alliances As a passionate guy, I always believed in innovation for new ideas and also make a change or improvement to an existing technology or product can change the world, the way people interactive with and will never stop working on it.
What has the journey been like?
- It has been a tough journey till we soft-launched our platform, from a Dot Com company/ Digital Agency to kickstart our very own SAAS Platform. Since 2008, we moved up from Johor to KL, focusing on providing customised solutions for SME consumers.
- We decided to venture into an opportunity to enable businesses with a next-generation customer engagement and loyalty SaaS (software as a service) integrated solution.
We started RewardinMe because we noticed that our clients were struggling to keep up with the changing buying behaviors of their customers. As a highly skilled web agency, we noticed the custom Gamification Campaigns we built managed to attract attention.
- The only problem was: these effective campaigns were super expensive to build from scratch. So, we planned, “what if we could build a technology platform enabling brands reward everyday moments in apps and & run marketing gamification campaigns on their own without the need to engage an agency”? We strongly believed that this was a missing brick in the marketing tech stack, and we believed that building this technology could be a key element in our clients’ build strong connections with their target audiences during these moments, pursuit of deeper and more meaningful interactions.
- We strongly believe this could be a turn key element for clients to Entertain, Reward and Engage customers in the moments that matter.
- Biggest achievement and what is one regret that you wish you had or had not done?
- We have already seen success with our supporters from day 1, who have used our solution for more than 5 years, HerbaLine Wellness Group. Our clients have also seen significant improvements in customer engagement and loyalty, leading to increased sales and profits by 9x.
- In summary, RewardinMe is the perfect solution for businesses looking to increase customer engagement, loyalty, and retention through gamification.
Where do you see yourself in the next 1 year?
- In the coming 1 year, I will work hand-on-hand with my regional strategic partners and clients in marketing as much as possible. I see this company as an opportunity to enhance my professionalism and utilising game theory to drive customer loyalty is an effective way to increase engagement and loyalty, and will keep their target customers coming back. However, it is important to be creative and think outside the box.
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- One of my long-term goals involves mentoring in a management position, and the company is an integral part of this plan. In coming 24 to 36 months, I will lead the company to redevelop itself as a Fun and Engagement platform provider to businesses across SEA. To become the leading MarTech provider across region.
What keeps you going to keep running the business?
- I enjoy working in technology that makes an impact on people, business and community. I love being at the forefront with a start-up culture, you feel like a maverick in front of all these corporates and brands.
What is one local startup you would like to work together with and why?
- We are keen to collaborate with this 2 brands Yoodo or tealive. Why Yoodo? they are the first fully Digital Telco in Malaysia and their fully customisable mobile service that allows users to completely customise their data plan. Which the philosophy is so close to RewardinMe – selfserve system which allows our client to freely manage their own campaign.
- TeaLive is the most innovative boba tea brand in Malaysia, the brand is wildly expose themselves with out-of-the box marketing campaigns and collaboration for it shoutout.
Who is one founder (local or international) that you look up to?
- TeaLive founder – Mr Bryan Loo
Yoodo founder – Mr Chow Tuck Mun
Why should investors invest in your startup?
- Our strategy is based on becoming a thought leader in customer loyalty and engagement – pushing boundaries and leveraging data to redefine how businesses can build and leverage customer loyalty, with minimum investment of time and limited resources, the RewardinMe Platform enables businesses to easily integrate with your existing customer engagement and loyalty programs, create highly personalized, contextual and targeted campaigns, based on predictive, real-time, relevant customer data.
- We are fighting hard to reached our goal as the Leading MarTech provider in SEA and we aiming for Exit / IPO within next 36 months.
RewardinMeis a member of 25 Startups, a startup incubator with presence in Sarawak, Penang, Cyberjaya and Johor.