Disruptr: Keasavan Hari Krishnan, Founder and CEO of RepotLah
RepotLah is a mobile application that allow users to submit reports on road/society issues on the go which all the reports will be directed to nearest authorities.
What has the journey been like?
- RepotLah was an inspiration from issues that we faced daily but not knowing where to submit reports. Hence, we created RepotLah to be a one stop reporting platform for the mass market.
- Repotlah materialised in early 2021 where the idea of turning an idea into a platform allowing people to ‘rant’ came into place.
- Being an entrepreneur is not easy especially in the B2C space as we would need to increase stickiness on the app and at the same time encourage new users to use RepotLah.
Biggest achievement and what is one regret that you wish you had or had not done?
- Biggest achievement in RepotLah is that we have pivoted our business from Social Enterprise to a B2B2C application to generate revenue at the same time increasing awareness. We have also recently launched our newly improved application to serve our users better.
Where do you see yourself in the next 1 year?
- Expanding RepotLah to multiple states and increasing our userbase by 100x
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- RepotLah being acquired and starting a new Startup
What keeps you going to keep running the business?
- My employees and my product. That’s what keep me motivated to run RepotLah
What is one local startup you would like to work together with and why?
- I would like to work with Carsome as we are in similar industries and they would know best on how to run a startup from the recent acquisition. Would be great to learn from great founders on how to bring RepotLah to the next level.
Who is one founder that you look up to?
- I look up to Patrick Grove. There are many founders that people can look up to but Patrick Grove is one of a kind in Asia due to his rapport on building multiple startups and successfully exits
Why should investors invest in your enterprise?
- RepotLah is one-of-a-kind application that is first in the market. RepotLah also has a lot of opportunity to grow not only in Malaysia but in other countries as the issues we are facing in Malaysia is also faced by society in other countries.
At first glance, RepotLah spots a very simple and familiar user interface, much like many other social apps.
Users simply need to log in, and post up a photo and description of the problem they’re facing, coupled with the location it was taking place at.
At present, RepotLah lets anyone report problems in the following categories:
- Road Issues (potholes, malfunctioning traffic lights, etc.)
- Traffic offenders (double parking, reckless driving, etc.)
- Irresponsible behaviour (Illegal smoking, littering, noise pollution, etc.)
Repotlah will then verify and relay these complaints to the relevant authorities so these problems can be addressed in a timely manner.