Disruptr: Edward (Ted) Connell, Founder and CEO
Share with us on what you do and what inspired you to start the business.
- I started the business to help clients solve pressing issues using AI/ML. There is a strong need, but the service industry has little offerings compelling to my clients. I saw the opportunity to fill the gap.
What has the journey been like?
- Very long, especially because of Covid and the restrictions imposed. Our partner was not allowed into the plant so collecting good data was very difficult. Commercialization took much longer than anticipated. We had to iterate with Intel with some of the open source SW we were using as we were the first users.
Biggest achievement and what is one regret that you wish you had or had not done?
- Biggest achievement is the successful POC. We proved the technology works.
Where do you see yourself in the next 1 year?
- Deploying at scale and working across multiple vertices.
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- Selling multiple solutions to multiple vertices. Our solutions are horizontal and scale across many industries. We are replacing manual inspection and that occurs in many industries.
- Our technology is based on time series data, so we can scale our existing solutions to include predictive maintenance and predictive yield solutions.
What keeps you going to keep running the business?
- We see great opportunities for AI to make many aspects of the industrial world better. AI is like plastic and electricity. It will go everywhere because it can make digital processes better (faster, cheaper, safer, compliant…)
What is one local startup you would like to work together with and why?
- We are open to work with any local startup who share the same vision and value, particularly in the area of AI that is making the industrial world better
Why should investors invest in your startup?
- We replace manual inspection at a much greater accuracy at a much lower cost using commodity hardware and open source software and sell the solution as a service.
We are backed by Intel and Lenovo and will leverage their sales channels and co marketing.
BlueSkies AI is a member of 25 Startups, a startup incubator with presence in Sarawak, Penang, Cyberjaya and Johor.