Disruptr: Dr. Jillian Yeoh, Founder & Managing Director of IMM Carehub
Share with us on what you do and what inspired you to start the business.
- I was engaging in healthcare accreditation for hospitals back then and actively involved in the medical facilitation to bridge patients with highest quality of care. However, I only realised we are very lacking in the service offerings and quality of care for our senior citizens when I was searching one for both my grandparents.
- The sudden passing of both my grandmothers has driven me to search for solutions to prevent older adults from suffering in their old age. I took my passion to extra miles to study Aged Care while I was running my business in Switzerland.
What has the journey been like?
- It has been an exciting and transformative experience for me as it involved exploring new technologies, perspectives, and experiences for the silver economy that I have never seen before in our country.
- As I researched and get myself hands-on with the ecosystem of a productive ageing in overseas, I couldn’t wait to start one in Malaysia. When I first started setting up a day care facility and medical gym in Malaysia, many were not receptive toward an active ageing and preventive care concept.
- Along the journey, I learned to be more resilient and adaptive towards the local context, and find ways to overcome the obstacles. Persistency and perseverance is key as I always reminded myself this is a lifelong commitment to serve the seniors.
Biggest achievement and what is one regret that you wish you had or had not done?
- My biggest achievement is the opening of IMM Carehub, a lifestyle rehabilitation centre which provide a holistic value-based care services that covers the full aspects of wellness in Physical, Mental, Nutritional and Social. Unlike the conventional physio & rehab centre, IMM Carehub is equipped with World’s Leading technology and smart intelligent system that is clinically proven to enhance the lives of older adults.
- This is how IMM Carehub was put together and the foundation of serving our senior community and empowering them with the strength and vitality to stay active so that they are able to live their life independently and to the fullest. I wish I had it before the passing of my grandparents.
Where do you see yourself in the next 1 year?
- My focus in the next 1 year would be creating a culture of active ageing among the senior communities, to achieve this, there are 2 areas of work that I would be focusing on:
- Community engagements: Seniors-centred lifestyle related activities that help to improve the quality of life and social engagement.
- Enhancing service delivery: Train more quality healthcare professional to deliver quality of care to our members.
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- Improving the quality of service has been the top of my list. One way is investing in staff training and development, or implementing new technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- I hope to make preventive healthcare affordable for seniors. I see myself expanding my organization and enhancing the financial performance of the group. This enable us to stay afloat in the business and continue our mission to empower seniors to live an independent and healthy life.
- Becoming a leader in the aged care industry, involve in developing new initiatives that can be replicated by other organizations in the industry or research in the gerontology field.
What keeps you going to keep running the business?
- Passion drives me in doing what I enjoyed the most. Seeing how active and happy the seniors are, put a smile on me. I find running this business aligned with my personal values, I have a strong desire to make a positive impact in the lives of seniors and help improve their overall quality of life.
- As the aged care industry is evolving, there is always room for innovation and improvement, I enjoy taking on new challenges and finding creative solutions to provide a high-quality of care to seniors.
What is one local startup you would like to work together with and why?
- As a centre-based service provider, I wish to work with a tech start-up who can offer seamless health tracking and monitor that could bring our service to the next level.
Who is one founder (local or international) that you look up to?
- I look up to Mark Zuckerberg simply because he has been instrumental in shaping the way we communicate and stay connected. I think it has solved issues related to social wellness that could improve the mental wellbeing of a person. Despite the success in his business, he stayed grounded and valued his family more than anything else.
Why should investors invest in your enterprise?
- The Unique Value Proposition sets us apart from our competitors. As the first mover in active aging field, we are involved in the upstream to downstream of the entire ecosystem.
- We equipped ourselves with the World-leading technologies and a differentiated service offerings that could generate strong recurring returns. The multiples sources of revenue make us sustainable in scaling the business regionally and internationally.
- There is an increasing demand for high-quality aged care services. This creates a significant market opportunity for aged care businesses. Lead and run by qualified industry experts with a proven track record of success in this industry, we are capable of maintaining quality of care to our customers and that lead to creating social impact to make a positive difference in people’s lives.