1337 Ventures, a Malaysian early-stage venture capital firm, has unveiled the Top 10 startups for the Alpha Startups™ Pre-Accelerator. The startups showcased diverse ideas, including a farmland marketplace for farmers, sustainable fashion, a unique self-care and social support platform, a borderless live tutoring platform, a POS Marketplace and more.
Over 100 startups applied to Malaysia’s long-standing Alpha Startups™ programme, with 26 chosen and eventually narrowed down to the Top 10 emerging startups.
The chosen startups are currently two weeks into a four-week course, and have received mentoring, conducted market validation for product-market fit, planned their go-to-market strategies, learned pitching and more.
The Pre-Accelerator will conclude on 12 May 2023 with a live Demo Day, featuring the top 10 startup pitches to investors.
At the Demo Day, a distinguished panel will judge the Top 10 finalists, including Alpha Startups alumnus Gokula Krishnan, Founder of Vircle, Freda Liu, a celebrated author and broadcast journalist, and Bikesh Lakhmichand, Founding Partner of 1337 Ventures.
10 startups will be competing for pre-seed funding of RM 50,000, in addition to digital credits and perks valued at up to RM 20,000. Presenting the Top 10 startups of the Alpha Startups Pre-Accelerator (Cohort 47) in no particular order:
- Beseek: Turns any online article you provide into bite-sized audio summary.
- CocoJack: A farmland marketplace that connects farmers to unutilized land owner.
- ConfirmFresh: A fruit delivery service for office workers.
- Kita: A social commerce platform for sustainable fashion.
- Manis Leting: A cost-effective syrup sweetener to help the food and beverage industries reduce the use of white sugar.
- MyDeliva:A discovery service connecting general trade retailers to potential customers around their proximity.
- Odar: A platform to enable MSMEs to boost their sales, increase visibility, and gain access to analytics to professionalise their business.
- SAPOT: A self-care and social support platform by connecting individuals struggling with compromised mental well-being to accessible, reliable, and trustworthy mental health services.
- TigerCampus: A platform providing students access to live tutoring services affordably without compromising on quality.
- Triphie: An all-in-one, personalised and collaborative trip planning platform that helps travellers discover, plan, and book their holidays quickly, and hassle-free.
“We are thrilled to announce the Top 10 of our Alpha Startups™ Pre-Accelerator (Cohort 47), showcasing a dynamic and groundbreaking cohort of startups representing diverse verticals including F&B, Edutech, Travel, Marketing, Healthtech, Agritech, and more. Remarkably, four of the top ten shortlisted startups are spearheaded by female founders. These startups have impressed us with their unique ideas and unwavering passion, underscoring the tremendous potential of Malaysia’s vibrant startup ecosystem,” said Bikesh Lakhmichand, Founding Partner of 1337 Ventures.
The Alpha Startups™ Pre-Accelerator programme is supported by the Malaysian Research Accelerator for Technology and Innovation (MRANTI), Digital Penang, WORQ and Google Cloud.
Interested in watching the live stream of Demo Day? Register at https://1337.ventures/alpha-startups/demo-day. If you’re a startup eager to join the next Alpha Startups™ cohort, sign up for the waitlist at https://1337.ventures/alpha-startups/pre-register.